Thursday, August 5, 2010

Great Lakes Fly Shop

On the way to the Canadian bound waters of Dryden, Ontario, I stopped along the way at the local fly shop of John Fehnel in Duluth, MN.  What a place!  Right in the middle of renovating and moving to a new location, I was still right at home!  As you walk in the front door, you see picture upon picture of some amazing catches!

Look around and it doesn't take long to realize that John knows what he's talking about in the waters of his backyard.  You will find John personable and knowledgeable.  After a little fish-talk, we got right down to it and John quickly showed me his picks for the pike and walleye I hope to find in the Narrows of Wabigoon.  After some wire tippet and a few flies later (not to mention a new Great Lakes Fly bumper sticker), my daughters and I were on our way toward the "Oh Ya Hey!" waters of Ontario.

If you are ever in the area, John's fly shop can be found at 4431 E. Superior Street, Duluth, MN (www.greatlakesflys.com)!

Fish on!  <>>><

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.